Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Court tomorrow!

Hi friends,

I meant to update earlier, but I just got to the orphanage about 8 hours ago, even though I left Charlotte on Monday evening! The flights all went well. My luggage and items for the missionaries all got here safe and sound. The other couple from Greensboro who are adopting as well and who have the same court date as I do did not get their luggage yet. Thank goodness their adoption paperwork and anything essential was in their carry on baggage, as we have

COURT IN THE MORNING!

We'll be leaving at 8am (midnight on the 15th for the Greensboroians) for our appointment at 10am in Kampala. Please be in prayer for the judge to have favor on our family and for a date for a ruling to be set soon. If this date is at the beginning of January, Nate and I will be able to go to the ruling appointment; if it is in December then our lawyer will get the ruling for us. We heard that tomorrow we can also visit the US Embassy and do the beginning phase of the visa application which hopefully will save some time in January.

So, meeting Patricia. How surreal! The orphanage kids were all at the gate to meet us as we drove up. They had instruments going and the little girls had grass skirts tied over their clothes. Once Patricia and I found each other, she jumped up into my arms! It was so precious. We needed a video. I was very surprised that she was so forward. I was trying to get a picture of her, but my camera battery needed charging. I hope to post a picture or two tomorrow. She still thinks that I am visiting her as her sponsor, and that she is going into town with me tomorrow while the adults 'take care of some business.' With all of the recent adoptions from Good Shepherd's Fold we are wondering how soon the kids are going to realize that a) when your sponsor comes to visit you and b) brings a dress for you to wear to c) Kampala for 'all-day business' then d) you will go to America with them! You get the picture.

I know I am in need of sleep, but I think I'm on my 20th wind so I don't realize it! I haven't slept other than dozing since Sunday night, but I feel fine. I am absolutely loving the weather! I might tell Nate that I'll come back to Carolina in April.

I will update tomorrow and let you all know how court went, and I'll also tell some more about what it's like in Uganda.

Love,
Kim

4 comments:

  1. So excited! I am praying and I am going to post a link to this on the Adelphe blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO excited also to hear from you and to know that you've actually seen and hugged that sweet girl! We'll be praying...it will be 8am over there in about 2 hours from now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been waiting and waiting for this post! So excited for you!!! I love that Patricia jumped up in your arms. Praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are praying for you and Patricia and the whole process! Look forward to the next update. XXOO

    ReplyDelete