Sunday, December 19, 2010

Homebound!

Hello from Entebbe!


I am settled into the Airport Guesthouse in Entebbe, the city where the airport is located. It is beautiful here. I had a candlelight dinner outside in the courtyard and my room is bungalow-style and very accommodating. This is the same place I stayed on the way in, except that I arrived at 5:30am and had a very hard time sleeping, and then we needed to leave around 10am for the orphanage.

In the morning my flight leaves a little after 7 or so. I will head to South Africa for a 6+ hour layover before travelling to Dulles and then to Raleigh with arrival at about 9:30am on the 21st. I am thankful for clean sweater and jeans to travel home in! Due to a lack of suitcase space I am wearing home what I wore on the flight over, and Amy (one of the missionaries) washed those items for me today. It is a great feeling to know that the griminess of a 24+ hour trip has been removed since I will be wearing those clothes again for 24+ hours! And, for you Adelphettes, I was able to take over all of the items you donated to the missionaries (the reason for my lack of suitcase space, which was completely fine). They were all very appreciative, so thank you all so much!


So, on to saying goodbye to Patu (her nickname here: Pat-too). We sat together for most of the worship portion of church this morning. Then after lunch I went to her home and took pictures of her friends, room and house. When it came time for me to leave, she wouldn't give me a hug. We figure she is either playing the shy game again, or she is mad at me for leaving. Whatever the case, I'm sure she is confused because of what I wrote yesterday about her knowing she is supposed to be going to America with me. I told her many, many times during the trip that I would be leaving on Sunday and that I would return in one month with part of my family. I told her that a month is not a long time, so hopefully it will pass quickly for all of us.

She is a thumbsucker- hello, Dr Clark! (orthodontist)



Esther- I think?- GSF people correct me if I'm wrong, Patricia, Lauren and Sophie; this is the back porch of their house.

This is one of the rooms in her house, but Patricia's bed is in the other room with the older girls (they were resting/reading in their beds so I didn't disturb them for a picture)

Here are the girly-girls posing in front of their tree!  They were very excited about the tree in their home and wanted me to get a picture.  Lisa is in the back- she is one of the ones who braided my hair yesterday- then Sophie, and Lauren in front (with the back of her dress now zipped so it isn't falling off like in the picture above!)

Family Meeting in the pavilion during the afternoon today.  The three girls who hosted me, two are on the right Amanda (teacher) and Meredith (RN) and Sarah (RN) is on the left with a child on her lap.  They are the sweetest, most humble ladies and they LOVE these kiddos!

A random picture while driving to Entebbe today.  This is a nice village hut, comparatively.  In the bottom left is a child carrying a yellow jug (jerry can); this is how they haul water from the local source.  I have more pictures of Uganda, but I will post them later as this one is getting kind of large.


It has been such a privilege to visit Uganda and GSF.  I feel so honored, and I know Nate does too, to be carrying out His will in this way.  It's humbling and hard to believe that he called us to this, and has chosen to bless us with His strength and wisdom in order to fulfill His plan in Patricia's life and in ours.  I am so excited for Nate and Maren to come to Uganda, and for our whole family to meet Patricia that I can hardly stand myself!

Please pray for safe travel home tomorrow for me, and for the couple planning an adoption from GSF who are stranded in London currently and consequently will miss their court day this week for their two little ones.

Love,
Kim



















No comments:

Post a Comment