Thursday, January 27, 2011

Are there crocs in the Nile?

Yesterday afternoon Nate and I went shopping in Jinja town.  On the way we dropped Maren off at Kingfisher, which is a resort-type place for swimming.  One of the missionary families was there with their kids, and they all had a blast.  There was a pool, some slides, and a hot tub.  Maren's fair skin faired well!

In Jinja we got some souvenirs for our boys and I bought some prizes for the bunco game I am hosting at my house later in February.  I wish I could post pictures of my finds, but that, ahem, kind of wouldn't work if the bunco girlies are reading the blog.  You know.  No one wants to know the prize selections before the big night.

Speaking of bunco, the Good Shepherd's Fold First Ever Annual Bunco Game will be held this Sunday night!  Yours truly thought this would be a fun night for the staff ladies and older girls.  Bunco is not bunco without good snacks and prizes, so those are in the guesthouse just screaming for their debut.  I'd like to post pictures of those now, too, but if the GSF staff are blog readers, that would take away a little of the fun.  But don't worry.  Pictures and all of the details will be on the blog for your Monday morning reading pleasure.

Maren was a little disappointed this morning as I snapped out of my fog and dragged out her schoolbooks.  We had quite a bit of math to make up!  But she was a good sport and finished everything up, while this little girlie played pretend next to us.



Meanwhile, this man and his friend are somewhere right now, screaming down the Nile.  We found out last night during missionary devotions that there is a section on their rafting trip called The Bad Place.  Enough said.  I snapped this shot so that we can remember what he looks like in case he doesn't return.

Before leaving this morning for whitewater rafting, these two were listening to some LeCrae together on the porch.  Google is your friend, if LeCrae is lost on you.

Remember us tomorrow (Friday) as we head into Kampala again to drop off paperwork so complicated that I have no idea what some of the questions mean, as well as Patricia's passport, the court ruling, and the signing away of our lives, at the US Embassy.  This isn't our interview; that will hopefully be on Monday again in Kampala.  Pray for favor as the timing of everything is discussed.  I will post as soon as I get back to GSF tomorrow.

Love,
Kim

4 comments:

  1. hey girl, it's so exciting to be able to hear how you all are doing, and all the ways God is leading you through this process! and wow, bunco prizes from there?! i'm so there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn I was hoping you were going to post some pics of the Bunco prizes you picked up. I guess I will have to wait ;)

    And yes there are crocs in the Nile, but I heard they were smaller, lol!

    Keep up the posts. It's great to hear about everything and how well it is going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see those prizes!! I really think it is perfectly ok for you to post pics of them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, I'm loving your blog entries..you are very good at writing them! Prayers continue...

    ReplyDelete