Saturday, January 1, 2011

Uganda in pictures

I have a few more pictures of Africa to share.  I mentioned awhile back the dual taxi modes in Uganda; the boda-boda (motorcycle) and the van crammed with passengers.  During my ride into Entebbe prior to going home I snapped some shots from the car.  Here are boda drivers trying to drum up some business.

And people cruising along in tight quarters...


I wanted to get a picture of the driver who drove me into town to show Travel Option #3, but it was too dark when we arrived.  I was going to let you vote on the transport of your choice.  However, I am feeling a boda ride coming on in my return trip.  How can you say you went to Africa and didn't give it a shot?  Live a little, folks!

Here are some wares for sale along the road.  By the way, it is a straight shot from Jinja (northernmost of the locations we travelled) to Kampala, and finally to Entebbe.  A single vertical line will connect the dots.  If it's not the same Road Most Travelled to hit all three cities, it sure seems that way.

Yes, this is furniture for sale not only placed outside of the store, but sitting in the red dirt!  The employees can be seen beating the furniture with straw brooms to get the dust off.


And finally, as we were driving through Kampala, I believe, these little ones were outside my car window.  A sight that I'm sure is not at all uncommon.

Many thanks for your interest, support and prayers for us during this journey!  I will do my best to return the favor by keeping the blog current on our upcoming trip.

Love,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment